ISPOR International Conference
May 24, 2017 – Paul Gallagher panelist: What’s so unique about the US? A comparative US-UK perspective to debate the role of US health system characteristics in the development and implementation of value frameworks.
LASER and Compass Strategic Consulting Form Strategic Alliance to Offer Enhanced Market Access Services to the Biopharma Industry
May 10, 2016 – LASER and Compass have entered into a strategic alliance in order to offer clients an integrated and full service strategic and tactical market access offering across the product life-cycle. Collectively the alliance brings decades of commercial experience backed by industry leading scientific credentials to help its customers navigate the increasingly challenging market access environment for new and existing health innovations.
The strategic alliance bolsters the presence of LASER in the US and Compass in Europe and combines commercial and strategic expertise with the technical know-how and means to effectively implement plans and secure access. The two companies will boast a staff of nearly 200 across 8 markets providing strategic and scientific consulting, market access strategies and tactics, health economics and outcomes research, and epidemiology and biostatistics services.
“This partnership creates a natural extension and collaboration for the LASER team and punctuates our commitment to providing our clients with well-rounded solutions to complex market access issues whether it be through rigorous scientific evidence development or through effective and innovative commercial strategies. We now have Compass’ expertise and decades of experience to add to our growing commercial offerings for our customers” said Roman Casciano, General Manager of LASER.
LASER and Compass first collaborated on the global launch of a new product in diabetes over 15 years ago. LASER did the health economic analysis and burden of illness while Compass did the global pricing strategy. They are still each supporting that franchise.
“LASER is a proven partner with whom we can work seamlessly which is very important to our clients. We look forward to extending our reach globally and tapping their deep experience in health economics and outcomes research in our strategic solutions” said Paul Gallagher, President of Compass.
About Compass Strategic Consulting:
Compass Strategic Consulting, founded over twenty years ago, specializes in global pricing, value and access intelligence and strategies. While Compass supports products during the entire life cycle, most of its assessments involve pricing and reimbursement evaluations of pipeline products. All deliverables have the benefit of substantial commercial expertise launching life science innovations. Current clients include top-ten global pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, emerging life science companies, and venture firms.
LASER is a privately held company with headquarters in London, UK. LASER’s world-class team of epidemiologists, public health experts, health economists, decision analysts and strategic consultants supports the market access of drugs, diagnostics and devices with the highest quality evidence-based research and strategic guidance for demonstrating real-world value. Our core competencies are in the areas of health economics, pharmacoepidemiology, market access and evidence synthesis. For more information, visit www.analytica-laser.com.
Paul Gallagher member of the faculty of the Drug Development Boot Camp at Harvard for sixth year
November 19, 2015. Paul Gallagher, President of Compass Strategic Consulting, presented a lecture in Market Access Strategies as part of the commercialization section of the Drug Development Boot Camp at the Harvard Club in Boston, MA.
Mr. Gallagher gave presentations on pricing, reimbursement and value in sufficient depth so that participants could include market access strategies in their case studies. He also moderated the closing session and participated in several Q and A sessions.
The Boot Camp, which is highly interactive, is taught by experts in drug development and commercialization. Over twenty instructors– all who have leadership experience in their field–present on each step in the drug development process from candidate selection to launch.
The two-day course is sponsored by the Harvard University Office of Technology Development and Speid & Associates. Mr. Gallagher will be returning for his seventh Boot Camp on November 16-17, 2016, making him one of three who have participated since founding in 2010.
- Paul Gallagher, President of Compass Strategic Consulting, Inc. presented a lecture on ‘Market Access Strategies’ as part of the commercialization section of the Drug Development Boot Camp at the Harvard Club in Boston, MA.
- The two day course is sponsored by The Harvard University Office of Technology Development and Speid & Associates. Mr. Gallagher gave presentations on pricing and reimbursement in sufficient depth so that participants could include market access strategies in their case studies. He also moderated the closing session and participated in several Q&A sessions.
- The Drug Development Boot Camp is extremely interactive. It is taught by experts in drug development and commercialization. Over twenty faculty, all who have leadership experience in their field, present on each step in the drug development process from candidate selection to commercialization.
- Click here to learn more about the Drug Development Boot Camp
Compass team members have recently published papers and delivered presentations on gene therapy
- Paul Gallagher was a panelist on What’s Hot & What’s Not in Gene Therapies for Rare Disorders webinar sponsored by BIO. For a copy of the white paper, click here
- Nicolas Touchot co-authored: The Payer’s Perspective on Gene therapies – Nature Biotechnology, September 2015.
- Paul Gallagher participated on a panel on Reimbursement: the Elephant in the Room, at the Genetic Rx Conference, Dec. 3, 2015, which was the second year in a row he has been asked to speak at the conference.
- Paul Gallagher was a panelist at the NJ LES meeting on Commercializing Genetic Therapies: Innovating Science, Supply Chain and Reimbursement, Mar 3, 2016. For a copy of his presentation, request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Gallagher participated on a panel on Connecting drug pricing to value: The industry’s greatest challenge at the BIO-Europe conference on April 4, 2016 which was the fourth consecutive year in which he has presented at BIO-Europe
Paul Gallagher presented and moderated a panel on “Addressing payers heightened aggressiveness in managing price and access in forecasting, valuations and deal terms” at the Licensing Executives Society 2015 Annual Meeting, Oct 25-28, 2015
- For a copy of his presentation, request via email at email@example.com